Wollongong 2022 UCI Road World Championships: by the numbers
- 1,000+ riders from 70+ countries
- 11 World Championship races over 8 days
- 300,000 spectators lining the course
- 300 million viewers globally
- $95 million in economic benefit for Wollongong, NSW and Australia
- 1921: The inaugural UCI Road World Championships for men
- 1958: The inaugural UCI Road World Championships for women
- 1: Wollongong is the only UCI Bike City in the Southern Hemisphere, joining a network of 18 international cities that celebrate and champion cycling
Local Organising Committee – Wollongong 2022
Wollongong 2022 Ltd is the local organising committee responsible for the delivery of the 2022 UCI Road World Championships. The not-for profit company was incorporated as a subsidiary of AusCycling in October 2018.
Wollongong 2022 is supported by the NSW Government (via Destination NSW and NSW Office of Sport), AusCycling and Wollongong City Council.
The Wollongong 2022 Board comprises: Dean Dalla Valle (Chair) along with Kate Bates, Craig Bingham, Michael Cassel, Linda Evans, Brian Gallagher, Julie Turpie, Karen Wells and Geoff Wilson.